Leading International media company
- Drafting and negotiating standard form and bespoke distribution contracts across EMEA, with a particular focus on the NEE region (excluding Russian Federation). This includes linear and non-linear carriage deals with third party platforms in these territories via a range of distribution means e.g. DTH, cable, IPTV, DTT, internet delivery.
- Supporting all aspects of the distribution business with TV platforms, including contracts, strategic issues, dispute resolution, and contract compliance issues.
- Key lawyer for a wide range of commercial matters including ad sales, digital sales, IP/IT, marketing and PR, sponsorship, technical/MPT&O, facilities and real estate.
- General advisory role on matters related to the activities of the Company in NEE countries and Russian Federation.
- Due diligence checks of agents, distributors, counterparties in NEE and Russian Federation.
- Legal support on handling regulatory matters of the Company in NEE countries and Russian Federation.
- Advising on, coordinating and, where applicable, supervising external counsel on key litigation disputes and enforcement policies (e.g. bad debt, piracy).
- Support lawyer on certain key regional and international deals.
- Providing back up support to other members of the Legal department as and when required (capacity permitting).
- Overseas travel, where necessary, to attend internal and external meetings.
- Technically very proficient lawyer – needs to have excellent understanding of regulatory, contract law, consumer and data protection law, IP/ IT and corporate law and excellent drafting skills.
- Must be qualified lawyer - excellent academics; training and experience at top law firm an advantage.
- Negotiation skills must be proven – to deliver both proper legal protection to the company and excellent commercial results.
- High competency required in IT skills (e.g. Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively at all levels within the company:
- Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) – ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that engages the key stakeholders.
- Well organised and attention to detail: this role requires focus and energy to ensure that nothing falls between the cracks.
If you are interested to apply, please contact Anna Bogatkina, via